Pagina's

dinsdag 6 september 2011

New journals, new pages!

Last week I bought this book:
Not because I love 'The Chronicles of Spiderwick'...in fact, I had never heard of this movie or book. I loved the book because it was cheap (lol), it is big (12x12 inch at least!) and because of all the pages inside:

Some pages have little flaps with hidden messages, other pages have nice envelopes sticked to the page. In fact, the book looks like a smashbook, but in a printed version! Every page has lots of different fonts, images, funny details, etc. So I decided to alter it and make an art journal out of it...
I planned to use all the text and images for backgrounds....I wanted it to shine through all the layers....But I used too many layers! And now my first page is just a big sized art journal page. No sign of all those fonts, images...

I don't think I have to tell most of you who inspired me, when I created this page...
I love Teesha Moores's artwork!!!

And I started a second art journal this week...
I bought this a few weeks ago. Not because I needed the course itself but I loved the idea and the fact that she was selling this to help the people in Africa. The art journal turned out to be a Teesha Moore-style bounded journal of watercolor paper. I painted all the pages in a different color:
And since I'm feeling so inspired by Teesha I decided to make it a 'Teesha Moore Inspired Journal'.
Here is the first page:
The images are all magazine cut outs, except for the feather dresses, the claws and the little hats. I got these from Astrid in a RAK.
For my international readers, the journaling says: What are you waiting for? The future will come for sure. You can even still make something out of it! 
This quote is again from Loesje.
TFL!
Sandra

6 opmerkingen:

Marit zei

Soooheeee... wat een hoop moois heb je weer om te laten zien! En je durfde het toch aan om in dat mooie boek te starten?! Dapper hoor! Dit soort mooigheden liggen bij mij nog ergens in de kast, ik durf er gewoon nooit mee te beginnen...

Ilse hobbelen zei

ook hier even een reactie, ik vind ze super!!! helemaal teesha style, en lekker gejournald... hoe je dat ook schrijft, ik vind dat toch altijd lastig om wat op te schrijven.
super gedaan weer!

Brit Sviggum zei

WOOOOOOOW!!!! You just continue to amaze me, Sandra! This is SO incredible, fantastic beautiful!!!!! And I love that big book!!! Want one :) :) :)

Cuchy zei

Maybe inspired by Teesha, but with your special and personal touch!

Terri Kahrs zei

Sandra, these are FABULOUS pages!!! You may have been influences by Teesha (as have so many of us), but the pages are You, YOU, YOU!!! Hugs, Terri

Lena zei

Oooooh.... wat een prachtig werk weer Sandra!! Ik ben helemaal weg van je collages en zeker deze twee in die felle kleurtjes!!
En ja, geïnspireerd door Teesha maar toch échte Sandra's hoor!!