Pagina's

dinsdag 8 januari 2013

Happy 2013!

A new year, a new beginning..although every day can be a new beginning, right?
I wish you all a very happy, healthy and creative 2013 !!!
The year of 2012 ended very sad for me unfortunately. My husband decided to leave me and our three kids two days before Christmas....I'm not gonna tell more about this here on my blog because of the privacy of us all, but it's a fact that I've had a very hard time the last few weeks. And more to come...
Still I feel strong and ready to fight my battle with life. There will be good days and bad days, happy moments and sad moments....I will deal with it as it happens. The love for my kids and my dog, having them around each day, will keep me going.
And of course...my love for art journaling!!!
My art has become a creative therapy more than ever. I still have problems with writing down my thoughts directly on a page. I've always loved to use quotes on my pages and lately it seems like there are so much more quotes that speak to me and capture my thoughts and feelings in a few words.
Here are some pages I created lately. Some quick pages, very simple but powerful. Some pages which took me more time but which I love also....
Right now I create only for me, myself and I...and because I know you would love to see some of those pages I will show them on my blog.







TFL!
Sandra

8 opmerkingen:

Marit zei

Oh Sandra, wat vervelend om te horen. Ik wens je heel veel sterkte de komende tijd!

Sandra Kaye zei

Very lovely pages!! Be strong...as our thoughts go out to you.

silvergran zei

Sending strength, and thoughts. Beautiful pages.

Lena zei

Heftig hoor Sandra! Ik weet wat je doormaakt... Zo'n 14 jaar geleden 'vetrok' mijn man ook... maar 't is mij heel goed gelukt alleen met de kids (en dankzij de kids!) verder te gaan. En ik weet zeker dat jij 't ook kunt!! STERKTE!!
Goed dat je je kunt uiten in je journals!!

Unknown zei

Sandra- I know what you are going through and it is not easy. My hussband of 12 years left me and our three kids back in July. You will get through this and be stronger for it. I absolutely love your pages and I am sure that they will be a place of solace for you in the coming days and months. Sending hugs to you. I am actually almost finished with one of my first art journal pages and it is totally based on your art. I found you back in December and fell in love with your work so I wanted to create a page in a similar style. It was so much fun and oddly enough, I quoted lyrics instead of journaling. lol I would love to show you when it is finished. Hopefully tonight. You are truly an inspiration and even more so now. Keep your head up!!!
Katie

Kitty zei

Prachtige pagina's Sandra, maar wat een ellendig nieuws! Ik wens jou en je kinderen heel veel sterkte.

Cathy L. Calamas zei

I am a new follower. Just found you through Julie Fei Fan Balzer's site.
Your art journaling is brilliant and so inspiring. My thoughts go out to you and your children.

maryps zei

When a person can leave his wife and 3 children 2 days before Christmas - the wife and 3 children are most likely better off without him. Time may not actually heal all wounds, but it does ease the pain and gives one a different perspective. Sending my thoughts and best wishes to you and your children.