Pagina's

dinsdag 18 december 2012

Creative Christmas Calendar...my project!

Hello you all! If you came here through Riikka's blog...welcome! And of course welcome to my 'allready-followers'!
For Riikka's Creative Christmas Calendar I altered a wooden box in the shape of a book. It was pretty boring the way it was and it really needed some color!
I tried to make pictures during the process so I could show you a step-by-step from start to finish. I often work on my projects and art journal pages late in the evening, so some pictures are made without daylight and there are some flash reflections. Sorry for that...
Step 1: This is the box at the beginning:

Step 2: I covered the wooden parts with a layer of gesso. I sprayed two colors of Dylusions sprayinks to color the canvas with the word 'Paris' on it.

Step 3: I collaged some bookpapers on top. I always use ModPodge for this.

Step 4: I painted the background with acrylic paint and added some circles and stripes in a different colors. I stamped some gesso through a stencil and I stamped a layer with my backgroundstamps (written text and music sheet) and Stazon ink.

I did step 1 till 4 also with the backside of the box.

Step 5: I created an image out of magazine cutouts. (As you read more on my blog you will see that I love to do this! I have a big collection of cutouts and I love to puzzle and create new images with these.)

Step 6: I collaged the image on top of my painted background ( with ModPodge).

Step 7: I doodled the image with black and white markers...

...and added some journaling. I love to use quotes...

Step 8: The backside! I collaged another image with my magazine cutouts and glued it on top.

Step 9: More doodling and journaling...

Step 10: I covered the inside of the box with scrapbooking paper. (I used a sheet of Prima Marketing here, made of watercolor paper (I'm sorry, I can't remember the name of this collection.)
and I painted the sides of the box in rainbow colors.
I also made some white dots on the canvas to cover up the word 'Paris'.
And here is the finished bookbox:

The box is now 'sitting pretty' on my desk, filled with my collection of washi tapes...
Of course, the techniques I described here can be used for any object or simply in your art journal....which I do most of the times...If you would like to see more, please take a closer look at my blog or watch my video's to see more about the proces.
Thanks for visiting my blog and I wish you all a merry Christmas and may 2013 be the best year ever, with lots of creative happiness!

Sandra

8 opmerkingen:

anna maria zei

Thank you for showing us another great project.
Merry Christmas and a happy and creative 2013 to you!

Melanie zei

Heel erg leuk.
Liefs, Melanie

Riikka Kovasin zei

I love how the art becomes alive with the doodling - it makes such a difference!

Thank you so much for being part of the CCC!

Fieneke zei

Suuuuuuper gaaf, wat een enorm leuke creatie.
Groetjes Fieneke

Anski zei

Wonderful project! Love the details and the colours. The doodling with black and white on the photos really makes a difference, makes them really pop out!

Eva (Fister) zei

Love it.

Lena zei

GEWELDIG Sandra!!
Het ziet er echt weer perfect uit!
Ben weer erg onder de indruk!!

maryps zei

I found your blog through one of your YouTube videos today. I love your style, your creativity and your quotes/thoughts. Thank you for sharing your art. -mary