Pagina's

zondag 8 januari 2012

Something different...

After doing a lot of collaged pages lately..which I love...I felt like doing something completely different yesterday. I wanted to 'something with paint'..splash some paint on paper and make something out of it...
Because I had nothing specific in mind I followed the advice of Creative Jump Starter Karen Grunberg to just sit behind your desk, put all your things on the table and just start to create.
This is the page that I made:

I created a lot of layers, like I had learned in Julie's workshop at the Mixed Media Circus in Hamburg, working with stencils and adding handpainted details. Funny detail: the picture comes from a magazine I got in the plane to Hamburg! The title is from a song of Adèle. I love what happened!

I had a lot of ME-time yesterday (yeah!) so I made another page in the evening. I was inspired by the work of Ilse and Alda, who are following the Life Book workshops right now. They painted some beautiful goddesses! I wanted to draw a portrait too!
No paint this time, no glue, no collaged elements...just a picture, a pencil, some watercolor paper and...pastels. It was a cheap brand of pastels, which I had bought a few weeks ago, just because I loved the colors so much...I didn't know how to work with pastels so I just sat down, sketched the face (with a picture from a magazine as an example!) and started coloring the face with the pastels.
This was my example:

And this is my page:

It is not perfect but I'm very happy with the result, after working with pastels for the first time.
I love it that I succeeded in creating shadows in the right places. I had only one pastel in skin tone, so I had to add very soft touches of red, pink, brown and the white pastel did the rest.
I'm not completely satisfied about the eyes..too big and too close to eachother.
I don't know if I will work with these pastels again...after a few strokes I immediately noticed the bad quality because of some hard pieces in the pastels itself. It felt like I was working with a 4H pencil instead of a 4B. I had to turn the pastel over and over to find some soft edges to work with...
Maybe next time I try drawing a portrait with color pencils or aquarel paint, because I loved the drawing part!

TFL!
Sandra

Geen opmerkingen: