Pagina's

zondag 3 juli 2011

Hummingbirds

For this page I was inspired by a brochure of Thomas Sabo, which my hubby brought home for me. I love it when people think of me and my art when they see inspirational brochures and think: Hey, let's give this one to Sandra...maybe she can do 'something with it'! This brochure is loaded with colorful inspiration!!!
The first thing in this brochure which immediately started bubbling in my creative mind were the 'Tropic Attack' hummingbirds. (You will see them flying by in the promotional video if you follow the link above..)

I sketched the birdies and colored them with watercolor paint. I cut them out an glued them on my background. The background is painted black with acrylicpaint and I wrote a poem in white.
The poem isn't completely visible any more so here it is:
With wings spun of silver and hearts of gold,
these tiny creatures our hearts behold.
With angelic features and colors so bright,
make even the heaviest heart seem light.
The magical way they flit through the sky,
they appear, than vanish in the blink of an eye.
They're sending a message for us to retrieve.
Anything's possible for those who believe!
(I found this poem on the internet. It is written by Christophe Griffiths.)

You will be seeing more of these birds in the future. That's for sure...I have so many ideas to create with this little birdie!
TFL!
Sandra

2 opmerkingen:

Marit zei

Alleen de naam al... hummingbirds... veel leuker dan 'kolibrie' vind je niet?! Ik deed ook een 'hummingbird pagina' een tijdje terug, met stukjes tekst uit de lyrics 'I'm a hummingbird' van de Eels... het is en blijft een inspirerende vogel! Je pagina is geweldig geworden, vooral de witte tekst op de zwarte pagina maakt het heel mooi, beetje mystiek...

Ilse hobbelen zei

Heel mooi gedaan ik vind de kleuren en het contrast met het zwart ook gaaf. Ik zat laast in een blad te bladeren en kwam ik idd thomas sabo tegen,ik vond de foto geweldig een stoere vent met allemaal gekleurde verfspatten om zijn handen en gezicht super!! Ik dacht als er ooit van mijn een profiel foto gemaakt moet worden doe ik dat ook zo haha., Komen toch steeds maar weer de zelfde inspiratie tegen hihi. Ik vind de vogels helemaal geweldig vooral de kleuren, en ook ik heb vandaag een vogel gemaakt in mijn art journal maar dan net weer anders, maar samen into the BIRDS geweest haha.