Pagina's

vrijdag 5 augustus 2011

Out of the Journal Challenge week 1

Dina Wakley and Samantha Kira started a great challenge this month: Out of the Journal. They challenged their selves and their blogreaders to get out of our art journal and make two canvases per week in the month of August. I love a great challenge and I love working on canvas so I decided to give it a try! And the best part is that they will draw a winner at the end of the month for a free spot in one of their classes!
Here is my first canvas, size 8,5x11 inch:

Background: acrylic paint, Adirondack Colorwash and TCW stencils.
Image: collage of magazine cut outs
Letters: Kars alfabet stamps.
I finished the canvas with paintmarkers.
Here are some details:
 The key was in my stash for some time. It was attached to a jeans designers label.
 I added some rhinestones with my Hotfix...which was catching dust for some time now....

On to my next canvas for this week!

TFL!
Sandra 

2 opmerkingen:

Brit Sviggum zei

Sandra, this is amazing!!!! I love the text and your design. What a great background!!! And the girl is perfect!!! You really amaze me with all your creations. Have a great evening.
Brit

Dina zei

Very striking & cool!